Alexandra Harley update

 

I hope this finds you well and thriving. Here in London at last, we have a chance to see real, proper sculpture and paintings in galleries and it is a joy to be face to face with work in an exhibition- I am definitely going to make up for lost time. 


Meanwhile, I have news of a couple of exhibitions I am involved with. The new Abcrit Gallery  has opened in Bermondsey, SE1 and 'Yclept' is on show alongside some fabulous artists. 'Songsmith/Slide by Robin Greenwood, the artist and curator, is on the wall here.   And Harry Hay 'Freeloader' and Steven Walker's 'Untitled1' are in the image here. 

















'Undertow' is on at the Open Art Exchange in Schiedam, Rotterdam, in the Netherlands. I am delighted (and amazed!) that I managed wend my way through the Brexit paperwork to send 3 sculptures, including Arossa below. Sadly, travel restrictions prevent me seeing what looks like a wonderful exhibition; many thanks to curator Joke Bakker. 

          
Finally, an audio delight with The London Group, a foray into sound art http://www.thelondongroup.com/weaving-in-the-dark/ It was huge fun to make my bit and many thanks to Genetic Moo for the visual compilation and to Jockel Liess for the sound compilation. A while back I had to move a piano out of a flat; I have no idea how it ever got in and it was clear it would need to be taken apart to get it out. Armed with a saw and a crowbar, I spent an afternoon breaking the body up and as the sounds were rather more tuneful than the complete piano (and my singing), I recorded some of its final song and sent them for inclusion in 'Weaving in the Dark'. The video will be on show in the crypt at St Johns Waterloo in June and I shall send details nearer the time. Meanwhile, please stay well, stay safe and creative, and I look forward to catching up with you sometime this year, Alex

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Hodge Every Contact Leaves A Trace

'Carnival'. The Red Orange Collective are taking over the amazing Safehouse 1 in Peckham from Saturday 20th May.

FPS at the Muse Thursday 6-23rd April