“Painting in the Wild” on Tuesday 21st September at 7pm.

 

Hello FPS friends, I hope you will join my artist event “Painting in the Wild” on Tuesday 21st September at 7pm.

It matters to us how we contextualise our art practice within the fields of art theory and aesthetics. Let me start the conversation by showing you how I make sense of these areas and place my work within them. Bring your observation and questions into the discussion in the second part of the evening.

It has been a long journey for me to reconcile my intuitive way of painting with my need to understand and to be able to articulate what it is that I am doing when I paint. And it has taken quite some time to figure out how to position my paintings within contemporary art practice and within the tradition of fine art in the West. After an MA in philosophy and some philosophical presentations and publications I have found my bearings and will share them with you alongside a number of significant images.

After my presentation we will have twenty minutes for your questions and a discussion.

Feed-back on last week’s evening of “Painting in the Wild:

Louise: “Many thanks for a fascinating talk and for your generosity in sharing so much about your work and methods.”

Denise: “Thank you so much for bringing your work, and workings, into my home this evening….it was exhilarating!”

I look forward to our shared adventure.

The evening will be facilitated by my friend and fellow FPS member Alex McIntyre.

Your investment for the evening is £ 7.50. Eventbrite will provide you with you a link to our online platform (Zoom) once you have subscribed.

To buy your ticket click here and you will be taken to the eventbrite website.

I will record the talk and discussion, and use the recordings or transcripts to promote my fine art business. By purchasing your ticket you agree to the recording and its use. I will not allow any other participant to record our sessions.

To see more of my oil paintings click here and for a series of my paintings on paper click here. I am a painter and Associate Lecturer at Central St. Martins College of Art & Design, University of the Arts London, and at the City Lit, London. I mentor artists in my own capacity online and in person, and I offer the occasional group course, online or in the Woods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Hodge Every Contact Leaves A Trace

'Carnival'. The Red Orange Collective are taking over the amazing Safehouse 1 in Peckham from Saturday 20th May.

FPS at the Muse Thursday 6-23rd April