LETTER FROM ERIC GREEN FPS MEMBER IN AUSTRALIA (11/1/2008)







Thanks for your letter (…) I was beginning to think that all my old life and old friends had sadly passed on.



I am happy to Know that the FPS is still in existence and I can tell the older members, that hopefully remember me, that I am still working on my sculpture most days of the week.
Last year I was invited to attend a sculpture symposium here in Oz, I carved into a seven tonne piece of sandstone, not bad for an old pom still in his 70’s. I couldn’t finish the sculpture in the two weeks allocated and paid for, so I went back for another week and finished off the work. It now sits proudly in a small park between Warwick and Stanhope, Queensland, should anyone be around that area.



I have enclosed a photograph of the work together with one (not shown) of a timber sculpture that in entered in the FPS’s members show held that year at the barbican centre. I helped, with other members, to hang the show under the direction of Roy Ramussen, is he still around I wonder?



I am an active member of our local sculpture society here on the Gold Coast, finishing this year a two year stint as the Vice President having held most of the committee positions in the past 19 years that I have been here. Time flys, but I still remember the good times back in London, and our little gallery at Buckingham Gate (….)



Yours sincerely
Eric Green
PS I will get an article with better photos together showing life here on the Gold coast.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sam Hodge Every Contact Leaves A Trace

Max Birne

'Carnival'. The Red Orange Collective are taking over the amazing Safehouse 1 in Peckham from Saturday 20th May.